Please note that our office administrators and teachers are unable to provide parents with guidance or answers regarding whether children can attend school if they or someone in their family has COVID symptoms.
If you are unsure of next steps or confused by the screening results, please call our local Health Unit Parent/School Information line at 1-866-236-0123 (open Monday-Friday from 8:30 AM- 4:30 PM).
We will always defer to our Public Health Unit's expertise on all things COVID.
What happens when your child has symptoms at school?
During the school day, if your child has presented with symptoms, as a precaution, your child will be separated from other children and monitored by a staff member until you are able to bring them home. This action was carefully explained to your child. If your child has unvaccinated siblings (14 days or more after receiving their second COVID-19 vaccine) they are to be picked up as well.
What Should You Do Now?
- Take your child directly home. If your child has siblings who are not fully vaccinated* they are to go home too.
- To help guide you, complete the COVID-19 School Screening Tool with your child:
- If you have questions call your health care provider or your local public health unit:
- Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit: 1-866-236-0123
- Inform the school to let them know about the next steps and if your child can return to school.
- When your child returns to school, please ensure that they bring with them a copy of the “Back to School/Child Care Confirmation Form”
*14 days or more following their second COVID-19 vaccine.